Simple and safe remote file access
iTwin is a revolutionary USB device that allows users to access, share and edit files remotely. iTwin allows you to securely access your entire hard drive. It's as if you are carrying an all-access-key to all your files in a device that fits in the palm of your hand.
iTwin is plug and play. It’s as easy as a USB Flash Drive! Plug one half into an online computer and the other half into another online computer and you are connected so you can view, copy, edit, share and upload files.
iTwin is secure too. Data in transit is protected by robust military grade AES 256 encryption. If you lose one half of iTwin, you can remotely disable that half. Your data resides on your computer not on someone else's cloud server.
iTwin works with Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 ( both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), and Mac OS X 10.6 and above. It uses the familiar Windows Explorer, with drag 'n' drop functionality. There's nothing to learn, no passwords to remember and nothing to configure.
Features at a glance:
- Plug and play remote file access device that securely allows you to transfer files between computers
- Share the contents of your entire hard drive and access them remotely via a military grade secure connection
- Remotely edit your files and folders. Stream all your music, videos and photos between the two computers
- Remotely disable your iTwin if either half is lost
- Supports Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 and above
- Dimensions: 0.82"W x 0.314"D x 3.54"L
- 2 Year limited warranty
Simple and Safe Remote Access
iTwin is the world's first "limitless" secure USB device for remote file access and sharing. iTwin combines the security of military grade AES-256 bit encryption with the simplicity of a plug 'n' play flash drive. Instantly access any or all of your files between any two online computers around the world. Just plug one half into one computer and the other half into another - and you've created a private tunnel to share your files, folders, videos, and more!
How it Works
Don't know what files you might need access to later? No problem. iTwin allows you to share all the folders on your computer's hard drive and securely access them later. It's as if you are carrying an access-key to all your files in a device that fits in the palm of your hand.
Unlike portable storage, iTwin does not store any anything on itself. It lets your data stay safely at home (or in the office).
Remotely edit any shared file from any location. Those reports you were working on at the office can be finished on the road. Just take one half with you and instantly access and edit the files from your laptop. Or work directly on one shared version of a report with a colleague. Say goodbye to multiple versions of files flying around by email. Say goodbye to the headaches of needless re-work. Say hello to iTwin.
Backing up your data is effortless. When you're on the road, you can use iTwin to move copies of files from your laptop to your home or office computer. If you are traveling and taking lots of pictures, you can free up your SD card by moving files onto your laptop or internet cafe computer and transferring them back home. iTwin will give you peace of mind and keep your important data safe and secure.
Simple and Secure Sharing
Plug one half into your online computer. Give the other half to your colleague, friend or client. Your two computers will be connected and you can securely and safely share files with each other, in either direction.
Share the latest version of a report or proposal, confident that your data is safe from man-in-the-middle attacks. Send your child's recital tape to your parents across the country - our device is grandparent-friendly! iTwin makes hardware-enabled, peer-to-peer security so simple.
Share your Media
Drag 'n' drop all of your music, videos, and pictures into the iTwin window and they are shared.
Give one half to your family while living abroad and share endless videos and pictures - using a file-sharing service or attaching them to multiple emails would be time-consuming for you and a hassle for them. Or carry one half with you and plug it in at friend's house or at a cafe. You will have instant access to all your shared media.
Network your Home Computers
You're lying in bed with your laptop, and want access to the files on the family desktop downstairs. As you may have found out, networking computers together can be frustrating and time-consuming. Plug one half of iTwin into the computer downstairs, the other into your laptop, and they will be instantly connected. What's even better - being on the same local network, speed of transfer will be very fast. iTwin makes networking a breeze.
One-time Cost. No Fees - Ever!
Don't pay for cloud storage. Don't pay for subscription fees for file access. Don't get locked in. You have all the storage you need on your own computer and home hard drive. With iTwin, share it and access it from anywhere. Create your own personal cloud. All you pay for is the device itself. (Bonus: free software updates!)
iTwin is both Windows and Mac OS X compatible. iTwin works on Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 2 and above), Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit). iTwin also works on Apple® Mac OSX® 10.6 and above, i.e. Snow Leopard and Lion (32-bit and 64-bit).
TwinTrust™ Data Security
iTwin doesn't store any data on itself. It just enables a secure connection between two computers. It is a secure USB device providing Two-Factor Authentication - Your remote data can only be accessed if you have the physical iTwin with you. Additionally, you can set up an optional password.
iTwin includes a feature that allows you to remotely disable the connection should you lose either half. So you can rest assured that your data is safe, even if the device is lost or stolen. If you have ever lost a portable memory device, you know that terrible feeling. We want to make sure this never happens to you again.
- Supports Win XP, Vista and 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 and above
- Requires min. 512 MB, 1 GB RAM recommended
- Requires 15 MB hard-disk space
- USB 2.0 port
- Requires broad-band Internet access, 1Mbps upload speed recommended
- iTwin software self-installs on first plug-in
- Requires admin access for installation
- Uninstallation uses simple standard uninstall mechanisms
No Storage Limitations
- iTwin works like a USB storage device. However, iTwin does not store any of your data on itself. iTwin is a data access device between two computers
- The only limit is the size of your computer's hard drive
- Any network files/folders that you can access from your computer can be shared using iTwin
No "Temp Files"
- Unplug iTwin and all temp files are purged automatically
Bi-Directional File Access
- When using iTwin, the connection between the two computers is symmetrical
- Access, copy, store and remotely edit files on computer A from computer B, and on B from A
- iTwin uses industry best practices and thoroughly analyzed crypto protocols and algorithms
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256 bit encryption is used to protect all data communications
- AES encryption standard has not been broken so far and many consider it to be military grade
- All data amenable to compression is first compressed before encryption
- When your iTwin is paired and plugged in for the first time, the owner is sent a Remote Disable Code (through email) which can be used to break the connection between the two halves
- Using this disable code, if an iTwin is missing or stolen, it can be disabled remotely
Smart Key Generation
- Two iTwin halves together generate a random 256-bit AES key, every time they are physically paired and plugged into a computer
- Smart Key generation is assisted by the computer to add randomness
- Smart Crypto Key resides only on the two halves of the iTwin
- Smart Crypto Key is used for encrypting all data traffic between two iTwins
- Patent-pending technology
- Passwords of any length can be set
- Unlike other web services, iTwin's password is stored on itself, not on any server
- If you forget your password, simply pair both halves of your iTwin, plug them into a computer and set a new password. No need for tech support!
- Before allowing any data transfer, every iTwin is authenticated by iTwin's TwinTrust servers
- All communication between iTwin and TwinTrust is secured using industry strength HTTPS (RSA 1024 bit, 128 bit RC4) protocol
- After successful authentication by TwinTrust, TwinTrust assists iTwin to discover its other half
- After authenticating with TwinTrust, two halves of iTwin mutually authenticate each other using their pre-shared AES 256 bit crypto key
- If password is set, then password verification is performed on both iTwins before data transfer is initiated between the two halves
- As long as iTwin is plugged into two internet connected computers, iTwin allows computer to computer file transfer anywhere on Earth
- iTwin detects almost all types of proxies, firewalls and NATs - and self-configures
- In case one or both iTwin halves are not directly accessible (behind firewalls), iTwin encrypted data traffic is relayed through globally distributed servers (amazon EC2 based)
Powered by AWS Web Services
- iTwin uses Amazon Web Services infrastructure with 99.5% availability to ensure fast, safe and secure data relays
- All data is encrypted before it leaves your computer. Your data remains encrypted until it reaches the computer where the second half of iTwin is attached
- Your data is never stored on any iTwin server. Your data is stored only on your computer
Seamless Handling of Network Interruptions
- In case of internet disruption, iTwin file transfers pause
- When the internet connection is resumed, iTwin software continues file transfer from where it left off
- iTwin's progress bar indicates the amount left to be transferred
- Unlike many cloud based storage services, iTwin allows you to transfer as much data as you want. The only constraint is the limit of your ISP's bandwidth allowances
- With iTwin, you don't need to worry about monthly allowances or bandwidth limits when you transfer large files online
- Constant Blue Light: iTwin is fully functional
- Blinking Blue Light: On-going data transfer
- Constant Red Light: Error